Re: Keith Smith sewings

>Date:    Thu, 3 Oct 1996 10:16:11 -0800
>From:    Joyce Jenkins <joycej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Keith Smith sewings

>I tried one with 12 sheets in each section.  It did spread the pattern but
>it >was hard to sew and was too bulky to really fold right.

Twelve sheets of, for instance, typing paper does make for a thick
gathering; you might try 8 sheets, or even 4 sheets.

Another consideration (if you're using typing paper to make up some
dummies) is grain direction. Reams of 8 1/2" X 11" paper generally has the
grain direction running in the long direction; hard to fold properly.  One
solution is to buy a ream of 11" X 17" paper and cut it down to 8 1/2" X
11"; then the grain direction will be across the short direction and it
will fold cleanly.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.