[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Adhesives
- From: "Sumner Zacks M.D." <szacks@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 06:25:51 -0400
- Message-id: <199610121046.DAA21737@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Does anyone know of a "current" list of adhesives, with suppliers, chemical
>and physical properties, applications, and methods of reversing? It would
>certainly be a useful document!
It will be very difficult to get such a list becauce commercial
sources like to keep "trade secrets".Although not a professional
conservator or bookperson(?),I have found that acetone softens some pvas to
the point where you can remove them mechanically from paper
surfaces.Fortunately,I have not had to delaminate such papers.