Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 10 Oct 1996 to 11 Oct 1996

From:    Marcia Buch <buch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hawaii Show?

Does anyone know about the International Book Exhibition in Honolulu...There
was talk about a web page for the show- does anyone know the address?
Thanks, Marcia
buch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The web page is supposed to be at
     www.lava.net/~washi
but I haven't checked to see if it is there.

I was visiting in Hawaii just before the show opened, and was able to get a
look at most of it as it was being hung, thanks to Laura Smith. It is quite
an impressive exhibit, almost all U.S. and Canadian bookmakers, as I recall.
A lot of very imaginative work, from somewhere-near-tradtional to several
clever pop-ups to things which may or may not be books cepending on your
point of view.

Dwight Agner
Dwight Agner / THE PRESS OF THE NIGHTOWL
Athens, Georgia                dagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx