[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 10 Oct 1996 to 11 Oct 1996
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 10 Oct 1996 to 11 Oct 1996
- From: Dwight Agner <dagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 12 Oct 1996 21:51:07 -0500
- Message-id: <199610130151.SAA15740@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
In reply to:
From: Marcia Buch <buch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hawaii Show?
Does anyone know about the International Book Exhibition in Honolulu...There
was talk about a web page for the show- does anyone know the address?
The web page is supposed to be at
but I haven't checked to see if it is there.
I was visiting in Hawaii just before the show opened, and was able to get a
look at most of it as it was being hung, thanks to Laura Smith. It is quite
an impressive exhibit, almost all U.S. and Canadian bookmakers, as I recall.
A lot of very imaginative work, from somewhere-near-tradtional to several
clever pop-ups to things which may or may not be books cepending on your
point of view.
Dwight Agner / THE PRESS OF THE NIGHTOWL
Athens, Georgia dagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx