Bindery for sale

Silvia Rennie <silvia@xxxxxxxxxxx> sent the following message to me this
weekend and would like anyone interested in all or part of her bindery to
contact her at the e-mail address above.

For those who don't know her, Silivia is a designer/binder who trained with
Hugo Peller, in Switzerland.

The prices are very fair; I've seen the equipment and it has been well kept
up.  She lives in New Mexico, so shipping may be a consideration for some.

"Jack,
Last time I wrote I forgot to mention that I would like to get rid of my
b'binding stuff as I have RETIRED, quite officially now. A dream unlikely
to come true wld. be to have somebody come and give me a check f. $5,000
for the whole lot. Since that's not likely to happen, I'd better give you a
list:

- 42 in. Vaggelli cutter (board shears) $ 2,500

- "Schwaab" combination backer & press + plough $ l,500

- Cast iron standing press,platen 20 x 23 in, daylight 25 in., + tons of
pressboards  $ 650

- Decorative gilding tools, several pillowcasefuls of mostly morocco, some
box calf and some metallic leathers, some Wildbrett vellum, papers
(Japanese, thick and thin white, some marbled, the usual mix), some board.

About the prices, I'm trying to stay in a decent middle between not wanting
to gouge anybody nor deprive myself (or my heirs!!).

The cutter is a bit scratched, but the working parts are in perfect shape,
and the Schwaab is simply a perfect,PERFECT tool."

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick