[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Adhesives
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 17:33:04 GMT
- Message-id: <199610201733.KAA25422@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Thanks for posting the entertaining piece about adhesive binding. As I
recall Caoutchouc (Sp?) binding was being done in 1825, no? Am I confusing
that date with early case binding?
Also, there was no mention of flex binding, probably because it's not
generally used commercially.