COLOPHON PAGE UPDATE

Dear List

COLOPHON PAGE - DEDICATED TO THE FINE BOOK ARTS

ANNOUNCEMENTS/UPDATE

1. We are pleased to announce that the the Center for Book Arts in New York
will be maintaining their Web presence on Colophon Page. Current exhibits
will be presented online and past exhibits will be available archived. The
current exhibit is "Paper, Art and the Book" - until 7 December - and may
be accessed from the Colophon Gallery page
[http://colophon.com/gallery/gallery.html]

2. We are inviting contemporary publishers/book artists to send us by post,
or email (unfortunately email allows for easy listing), copies of their
current prospectuses to be included in a "prospectuses received" section of
the Journal. If you wish to have your book reviewed, please contact us for
details. We are open to the entire range of book arts including livre de
luxe, "artists' books", fine bindings, artists' multiples and book objects.

3. The 1968 SMS portfolio featuring the work of 73 avant-garde artists of
the period is being presented in collaboration with the Reinhold Brown
Gallery of New York. Over half the works have been imaged and the results
are *un peu d=E9lirant* [http://colophon.com/SMS]

4. Colophon Page is also pleased to be the host for the catalog of L'Abbaye
de La Pierre Qui Vire, France's foremost publisher of books on Romanesque
Art. The list includes over 100 titles and their superb CD Rom drawn from
an archive of over 80,000 images.  Worth a detour just for the music.
[http://colophon.com/zodiaque]

5. The opening of the Symposium: Confluence/Collision? - on the encounter
of traditional and emerging publishing technologies has been changed to 1
December and we hope to have your response soon. If you have not read the
Symposium invitation please do so at
[http://colophon.com/journal/symposium.html]

There's more but I'll save it for a future message.

Regards,Jim

James Wintner

COLOPHON PAGE:MODERN ILLUSTRATED AND FINE PRESS BOOKS
Gallery|Marketplace|Search|Calendar|Journal|Discussion
http://colophon.com   jhw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
230 West 79th St. 94N
NY NY 10024