Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 07:58:13 -0600
From: james williams <jww4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Multiple recipients of list <aaup-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: quality of paper, acid content

Don't know much 'bout .... papermaking, so I wonder if someone could answer
a question raised in my basic manuscript editing class:

Is there a relation between the rag content of paper and the process of
keeping paper acid free? Is it just as easy (or hard; or expensive) to keep
a 100 percent rag pulp acid free as it is a newsprint quality paper?

A related question: Does a paper's acid content have anything to do with its
recyclability?

Many thanks in advance.
Jay Williams
Managing Editor