[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Metal Techniques for Books
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Metal Techniques for Books
- From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 20:54:31 -0800
- Message-id: <199611140444.UAA24422@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: North Bound Books
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Liane Kaneshige has just published a new book titled *Metal Techniques
For Books*. This 35-page book is filled with great ideas for working
with metal - and tons of examples. The book, bound with brass
groumets and chains, is positively fat with pieces of copper wire, wire
embossed pages and a zip-lock bag filled with odds and ends to experiment
practice metal techniques in the privacy of your own studio.
Ms. Kaneshige came to book arts as a jeweler, so when she stared making
books, she began with metal ones - using copper as front and back covers.
As she progressed, she mixed paper and traditional binding methods with
the metal and jewelry techniques she already used.
This is definately a book "for book artists who want to explore the use
of metal in their work. The projects and suggestions were kept simple,
so even if you haven't worked with metal before, don't be intimidated."
*Metal Techniques* sells for $15.50 (including postage) but the price
will go up after January 1, 1997. Orders can be addressed to:
1203 Hallen Drive #D
Arcata, CA 95521