Some NY GBW Events

We still have room for a couple more people in Iris Nevin's  workshop, An
Introductory Workshop in Traditional Watercolor Paper Marbling, to be held
next Friday, Nov. 22, from 10am-4pm, at the Gladys Brooks Book and Paper
Conservation Lab, The New York Academy of Medicine, 1216 Fifth Ave., NYC.
Basic techniques will be taught, as well as a variety of traditional
patterns. The cost of this workshop is $50+$15 for materials, and
participants should go home with about 20 marbled sheets! Quite a bargain...
Call or email me for more details or to register (212.822-7363,
sschumann@xxxxxxxx).

We will also be participating in the Society of Scribes Holiday Fair on
Sunday, Dec. 1, 11am-4pm, at the Loews New York Hotel at 569 Lexington
Avenue at 51st St. in the Embassy
Ballroom. As last year,  the Fair will consist of vendors of book arts
related materials, tools,
and services, as well as a large number of book arts related organizations,
and demonstrations of various calligraphic and paper decorating techniques.
Some of the vendors and organizations participating in this years fair are:
TALAS, Bookbinders Warehouse, Paper & Ink Books, Kate's Paperie, the Center
for Book Arts, Dieu Donne Paper Mill, the Gabriel Guild, Artifex Librorum,
Ltd. and many more.  This is a great place to do your holiday shopping!  At
our table we will exhibit models, have information about the Guild
available, and demonstrate sewing a french style endband. Drop by, do a
little shopping, have something to eat and drink at the Scribe's Cafe, and
enjoy the crowd!