dry rotted suede

Good day.  Does anyone know of a consolidant (or treatment) for suede
that has dry rotted? We have some college year books from the 1910's that
the covers have turned to powder in some cases.  Some are in good enough
shape that I can tell it is in fact suede.

I have used the leather consolidant before on leather books, but something
tells me this is a different problem.  Can anyone help?

Thanks for your time,
Terry

        Terrence Collins                 collins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Library Associate-Periodicals    phone: 910-917-5423
        Gramley Library, Salem College   f a x: 910-917-5339
        Winston-Salem, NC  27108         Tell the truth and run!