[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
removing unwanted stuff from book
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: removing unwanted stuff from book
- From: Annie Armour-Jones <aarmour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:20:49 -0600
- Message-id: <199611211521.HAA08787@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Our library has a first edition of John Donne's sermons that was originally
accessioned in the regular library way of the 1800's. It is marred by a
white painted call number on the cover, a purple ink stamp on the
pastedown, and the name of the University perforated into the title page.
Is there any way we can undo all this damage without doing more in the process?
University of the South