removing unwanted stuff from book

Our library has a first edition of John Donne's sermons that was originally
accessioned in the regular library way of the 1800's.  It is marred by a
white painted call number on the cover, a purple ink stamp on the
pastedown, and the name of the University perforated into the title page.

Is there any way we can undo all this damage without doing more in the process?

Annie Armour-Jones
University of the South
Sewanee, Tennessee
aarmour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx