Re: WANTED: Dry mount press

Dry mount presses can be used for all sorts of neat things.  B. Simon
talks about wire bound books.  I assume that this is a la Dan Kelm who
routinely uses dry mount for his bindings.  He uses Fusion 400 dry mount
material which is totally glue with no paper.  A dry mount press is nice
to have but others ways can be found to mount material.  Seal (a maker of
presses) usd to make something called a roll a mount which was around $35
and had rollers and a heated surface about 5" x 11" that you moved slowly
across paper.  They may still make it--It's great for those times when
you don't have a press available.  Also, I have successfully used a
regular iron on relatively small materials.

R*