[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: removing unwanted stuff from book
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: removing unwanted stuff from book
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 1996 08:44:51 -0500
- Message-id: <199611221344.FAA17929@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Nicholas Yeager brings up an important point:
>A book is not only a
>mechanism for the storage and retrieval of information, but also an
>artifact that provides clues to the use and appreciation of books
>throughout its lifespan.
Librarians on other lists (like Arlis and ExLibris) discuss issues like the
nomenclature for database fields regarding provenance.