Re: Exhibiting Books : A Brainstorm

 I think, Robyn, that the greater risk to your books in such a display is
unintentional damage, especially grubby finger prints.  I would suggest
some mylar page sleeves, at least along the fore-edges (foredges??).  If
that will be too bulky try a staggered series of mylar tabs along the
edge and ask people to use them to turn the pages.  You can use this
to enhance the exhibit if you include a list of  particular pages, marked
by certain tabs, with your comments on that page and encourage comments
in response from the viewers since it is an interactive exhibit.
 I hope you get a good turn out.

Dorothy A.

Dorothy C. Africa
bookbinder, Harvard Law School Library