Re: query (inks)

On Mon, 9 Dec 1996, Indigo Som wrote:

> >seems that now almost everyone I ask is using rubber-based inks, with some
> >using Daniel Smith Lithographic Inks. Any other letterpress people out
> >there? And what are you using these days for inks?

I use Hanco, Charles Lorrileaux (france) D. Smith, Van Son ( oil and
rubber), Graphic Chemical and Roberts & Carlson and mixtures of all of
the above.

> reason not to believe her... by the way, anyone know of less-toxic solvents
> for cleaning this stuff up?

Less toxic than what?  What solvents are you currently using? Kerosene on
rollers ( the oilly deposit dosen't "burn" or dry out the  rubber )and
mineral spirits on everthing else 'cept orange hand cleaner on me.

Lithotine is a mixture of mostly mineral spirits and pine oil and was
developed for lithographers who were getting dermatitis from turpentine.

     M I C H A E L   M O R I N                M.F.A., M.L.S.

Director Celtic Press               Instructional Media Librarian
  Buffalo  New York                  D'Youville College Library
                    ba202@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         Co-Moderator Buffalo Free-Net Preservation SIG