Archives Software

If I was going to set up a database of this sort on a limited budget I would
settle for Microsoft Access, hands down. It's fully relational and its
wizards make setting up a nice interface a snap. FileMaker Pro can't
compare. As to other systems, especially commercially available systems like
those sold to industry, the cost alone would scare me off. None are
available for Macs as far as I know and they are just now discovering windows.

Peter

                  >>> I love working in the library. <<<

Conservation Librarian                                  <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                <email> pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse University               <www> http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                  <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx