Re: Leather quality thread...

  Clarification, Steven et al, by lasting as "long as possible" I meant
as materials and structure will allow, not that I was trying to make
everything I make eternal.  A flatback will not last the way a double
support sewn text laced into an alum taw goatskin binding will last, but by
choosing appropriate materials in the right weights and thicknesses you
can make it last as long as a flatback can last.
 Dorothy

Dorothy C. Africa
bookbinder, Harvard Law School Library
africa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx