[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- From: Charles Alexander <chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:28:10 -0700
- Message-id: <199701162228.OAA14006@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
As someone who has recently become an ex-Minnesotan, I congratulate you on
these two marvelous exhibitions.
At 05:17 PM 1/16/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Right now there are two exhibitions of calligraphy in the Minneapolis area.
>*Textus* is showing at the Weisman Art Museum on the U of Minn campus
>through Sunday, January 26. It is open every day but Monday, and is also
>open Thursday evenings. The exhibit contains primarily two-dimensional
>framed works from many of the *biggies* including Thomas Ingmire, Sheila and
>Julian Waters, Charles Pearce, Ewan Clayton, and so on.
>Opening this Saturday, Jan 18 at the Flanders Gallery of Contemporary Art,
>400 1st Ave. N. in Minneapolis is an exhibit of Jim Bird's illuminated
>manuscripts which combine *edgy color painting, fluent drawing with
>exquisitely hand lettered poems... The books are all on ravishing hand-made
>paper...* The opening reception is from 6:00 to 9:00pm. The show runs
>through Feb 22, 1997.
>If you're in town they are definitely worth a look!
>Minneapolis, Minnesota, where the governor called off school for the whole
>state due to cold. My 5th grader is ecstatic!