Re: Travel advise--London, Prague, Copenhagen

> Any words of advise on bookish or paper places I should go?  I'll have
> about a week in London and Prague, only a day in Copenhagen.  I will also
> be in Norway for a couple weeks, doing traditional dance and music
> things, but I don't think there's much book arts activity there and
> there's no one on the list, though I saw four in Sweden.  I will be in
> Skane briefly.

Check the British Library and see if the books from their annual binding
competition are still on exhibit.  I saw them just before Christmas and
some of the submissions are spectacular.  This year's set piece is the
Folio Society's edition of Ovid's Metamorphosis, and the binders went all
out on it.

Also, check with the Russell Hotel (off Russell Square) while you're in
London, and see if you overlap with the monthly PBFA book fair held there.

Susan Ravdin
Assistant
Special Collections
Bowdoin College Library