[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Colophon Book Arts Supply
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Colophon Book Arts Supply
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 03:35:30 -0800
- Message-id: <199701231123.DAA09404@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Don Guyot asked that the following announcement be made:
"Colophon Book Arts Supply has learned that a combination of events lying
beyond its control has caused great confusion among its customers and
Recently the Post Office changed both the name of the city and the zip code
in Colophon's mailing address, making it appear that it had moved away from
Olympia, which it has not.
That action by itself would not create unmanageable confusion were it not
combined with what BABA BELL did about the same time. It changed CBAS's
area code. A recording notified callers of the change for awhile, but that
was soon removed. Now callers using the old area code (206) sometimes hear
a different recording. Its message - 'The number you have reached has been
disconnected or is no longer in service.' makes it appear that Colophon has
gone out of business, which it has not.
Efforts to correct this difficulty either at the P.O. or at the telephone
company have been disappointing."
So, although Don is still in the same place, his new address & phone number are:
Colophon Book Arts Supply, Inc., 3046 Hogum Bay Road N.E., Lacey, WA 98516
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR 97217
503/735-3942 (voice/fax) "The lyf so short; the craft so long to learn."