[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Photocopy problems
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Photocopy problems
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 03:50:56 -0800
- Message-id: <199701271138.DAA23249@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>The process of sending the paper through the
>copier for side 2 resulted in some streaks of toner on the edges of the
>second side, and often some small marks from the feed wheels,
There are a couple of things which may be causing this problem.
The fuser temperature may not be set high enough to completely fuse the
toner (it may also be the case that the paper's moisture content is too
high, or that the corona wires or mirror [or both] are dirty).
Or the feed wheels may be dirty. You can try to clean them with Q-tips and
It may be best to have the copier serviced. If that can be done on-site
you'll learn how to take care of some of these problems yourself in the
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, OR 97217
503/735-3942 (voice/fax) "The lyf so short; the craft so long to learn."