[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: I can't remember his name
- To: Multiple recipients of list BOOK_ARTS-L <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: I can't remember his name
- From: Beth Kubly <bmk126@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 19:51:27 -0500
- Message-id: <199701280052.QAA16672@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
It is probably (the late) Donald Evans you have in mind. I believe he died
in a fire while he was living in the Netherlands . . .
>I read a book about 7 or 8 years ago about a man who made stamps - he would
>invent countries (sometimes based on real countries - I belive he made one
>like the Netherlands while he was living there) and create a monetary
>system, language, culture, etc. for them through the stamps he made.
>This fellow (unfortunately I can't remember his name)