[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Board Shear Question
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Board Shear Question
- From: Jeff Peachey <peachey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 1 Feb 1997 10:22:18 -0500
- Message-id: <199702011532.HAA26666@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm trying to find information about a Jacques board shear that has an
automatic clamp. Instead of the foot pedal lowering the clamp, it raises
it. When the blade is fully opened, a lever near the ball automatically
raises the clamp, and when the blade is lowered the clamp automatically goes
down, so there is no need to step on a foot pedal. The slot for the lever
that attaches to the ball is cast into the legs, so I am sure this is not a
Has anyone seen or heard of a machine like this?
BTW: it works great.