Title-page Wording

A friend of mine has a couple of projects she'd like your ideas
about, and she asked me to put a message on this bulletin board
for her, since she is not a subscriber; I'll relay your answers
to her. Both problems concern title-page credits.

Problem 1: She has taken a short modern poem by someone else and
illustrated it with a substantial number of her own original
photographs and made a special binding for this one-of-a-kind
book (she has the permission of the poet to do this). The
title-page wording

     John Doe
     TITLE OF POEM

     Photographs
     by
     Jane Roe

seems inadequate to her to convey the extent to which she has, as
it were, entered the picture; but she can't think of anything
better for the title-page wording. Does anyone have any ideas?

Problem 2: she took short excerpts from a 19th-century bird book
and wrote them out in a calligraphic hand to create a
one-of-a-kind book, illustrated with her own original drawings;
she then made a special binding for the result. Again, what might
the title-page read?

Thanks for your suggestions!

--
Terry Belanger  :  University Professor  :   University of Virginia
Book Arts Press : 114 Alderman Library : Charlottesville, VA  22903