Subj:    Fwd: Putting Titles on Books
Date:    97-01-20 17:12:28 EST
From:    KarenC5071
To:      KarenC5071

---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Putting Titles on Books
Date:    96-12-25 17:33:12 EST
From:    SteveB6243
To:      KarenC5071

I was referred to you by somebody who said you were one of the best.

I am attempting to put titles on some of the books that I have made.  I have
a brass hand typeholder set with several different size typefaces.  I am also
using foil rolls to emboss the lettering.  I am heating the typeholder until
it just sizzles on a wet rag and then immediately putting the type on the
foil over the cover.  Here is where I need your help.  I seem to be blurring
all the letters togather (I do try to rub off the excess with what I'm
supposed to (can't remember the name but it looks like cloth steel wool)).
 If I don't push down hard enough all the letters don't seem to look good.
 I've experimented dozens of times and ruined many covers, which is a shame
because I've spent a long time making some of them.

Do you have any suggestions?  I'm not using glaze or anything to prepare the
foil, would something like that help?  I'm open to any suggestion.
Thanks for any help.

Steve Barton (SteveB6243@xxxxxxx)