Re: Wood Block Prep

I thought I was told by Toni Eichenberg that it took forty years or more for
the glued Boxwood bocks to be cured enough for carving--and that preparing
the wood for creating the blocks was a Turkish art that was dying out.
Furthermore that towards the end of his life, Fritz Eichenberg had a
terrible time finding sources for prepared boxwood blocks suitable for him
to carve upon

Louis H. Silverstein