Protecting wool

I don't use wool as a binding fabric mainly because of its attraction to
bugs. But, of course, a beautiful piece of embroidered wool came across my
bench and ended up covering a blank book.  Is there any way to a) protect
the fabric now that it's on the book (I know, I know, I should have thought
of that sooner) and b) is there some way to pretreat the rest of the wool
for future use?  Do I really have to keep it in mothballs? Would a cedar box
do?  Any other options?
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)