[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Frederic W. Goudy Workshop
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Frederic W. Goudy Workshop
- From: JERI BONHUS <jbonhus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 11:04:01 PDT
- Message-id: <199702181916.LAA24283@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: Scripps College
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
FREDERIC W. GOUDY WORKSHOP:
MARCH 15-16, 1997 AT SCRIPPS COLLEGE, CLAREMONT, CALIFORNIA; TIME:
9:30 am--4:30 pm Daily; COST: $150.
The Scripps College Press is pleased to offer a two-day workshop on
the care and feeding of the hand-operated cylinder flatbed printing
press, or the Vandercook. Join master printer Gerald Lange as he
disassembles and reassembles the ubiquitous Vandercook and then
prints, hopefully on the very same machine! In this workshop you
will learn how to fix, operate, and maintain your press--where all
the beans are spilled, the tips and tricks are revealed, the secrets
given out, and the improbable stories flow. We've been waiting years
for this one! You must have previous Vandercook inexperience and/or
misuse and/or occasional bouts of apprehension and/or trepidation
(though know-it-alls will also find this workshop quite informative).
Gerald Lange is the founder (1975) and proprietor of The Bieler
Press in Marina del Rey, California. He has printed and published
over fifty titles under The Bieler Press imprint.
Please send your registration for the March 15-16 Vandercook workshop
by March 1st to the Scripps College Press, 1030 Columbia Avenue,
Claremont, CA 91711.
For more information call Kitty Maryatt at
(909) 607-3866 or send e-mail to KMaryatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Inferior tools corrode the spirit."--Lewis Allen