[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Drills and Boards...
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Drills and Boards...
- From: knops <knops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 22:45:05 +0000
- Comments: Authenticated sender is <email@example.com>
- Message-id: <199702232153.NAA19487@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I think it is possible that you are referring to an article
which was published in De Restaurator (Dutch) 1987 part 1 page 9
by Biondi (who works at the Royal Library in The Hague. What he
does is indeed drilling holes through the bindings and then
pulls a thin piece of rope through it. I could send you a copy
of the article but it is in Dutch so it won't be of much use to
you (I guess...).
Conservation & Restoration of Books and Paper
6151 CS Munstergeleen / Netherlands
tel/fax +31 46 4200024
mail knops@xxxxxxxxx OR corknops@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx