Re: UK travel

You sent 26 Feb. at 16:37,
knopka@xxxxxxxxxx  Many thanks,
>Rosemarie Knopka

The following may be of interest:

You may wish to visit Griffen Mill located at The Old Mill, Croscombe, Nr
Wells, Somerset BA5  3QN (located between Wells and Shepton Mallett).  The
proprietors are a Mr and Mrs Gibbs. The telephone/fax num is 01749 330117.   I
am sure a request made beforehand for a visit would be treated with
consideration.  The mill is located on the main road running through the
village in a narrow valley.  Various handmade papers are available for
conservation and repair.

You have already been told of The Museum of Bookbinding.  This is (or was!)
located under George Bayntun, the book seller and binder, in Manvers St, Bath,
a short distance fromthe railway station; there are also car parks in the
street (at least when I was last in Bath a couple of years ago!)tel: 01225
66000.

The Provincial Booksellers Fairs Association site is retrievable at:
               http://solascriptura.org/pbfa/
this will give you the dates of UK fairs; some dozen or so each month scattered
about the UK.

The Antiquarian Book Shops and Associations on the World Wide Web at:
              http://www.connectotel.com/books/wwwbs.html#FAIRS

Rodney Fry
Berks UK
<rod.fry@xxxxxxxx  >