Re: adhesive for perfectbinding

For doing double-fan adhesive bindings I would use something like Jade 403
or Elvace, both of which are carried by places such as Gaylord Bros,
Bookmakers, Bookbinder's Warehouse... Both stays flexible and have good
aging properties. Never use Elmers or woodworking glue for something like
this. Elmers is great for putting together boxes, but not meant for
applications where you want long term flexibility.

Peter

At 01:46 PM 3/18/97 -0500, you wrote:
>May I suggest that replies *not* be backchanneled because I would also
>be interested in a discussion of adhesives.
>
>Phil Karn,Sr
>resident newbie
>

>>>                    I love working in the library.                  <<<

Conservation Librarian                                   <fax>315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                 <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse University                <www>http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                 <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx