Re: crafting art, arting craft

You're right, but I think it also has to do with practice more than
attitude. It has to do with an understanding of sound/appropriate structure,
knowledge of materials... I think it comes down to expectations, but that
could just be me. On some level though, I suppose most structures are
appropriate... maybe.

p.

>There does seem to be some differences among those who aspire to be "master
>craftspersons" in book work and those who aspire to be "artists" -- although
>often I think the difference is more in their attitudes about these words
>than about their actual practices of craft and imagination.
>
>Charles Alexander
>Chax Press
>chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>>>                    I love working in the library.                  <<<

Conservation Librarian                                   <fax>315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                 <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse University                <www>http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                 <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx