If it's good, it's art ...

> "If it's good it's Art. If it's not, who cares?"

But, what is 'good' then? The implication seems to be that art is that which is
artistically rendered. Nice, but I seem to recall something about a definition
not being allowed to have the same concept in the definiens and the
definiendum. (Personally, I have always found this philosophic nicety to be
rather an obnoxious rule--no doubt established by the crafty to snare the
artistic!)

Michael

--
Michael Joseph
Rare Book and Jerseyana Catalog Librarian

        voice: 908-445-5904
                email: mjoseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                fax :  908-445-5888