[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: UK travel
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: UK travel
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 20:00:08 -0500
- Message-id: <199703200117.RAA23136@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>The V&A does not seem to have as much in the way of paper and book
>arts but it may well be that I just didn't find it.
The V&A is home to The National Art Library, which not only has a marvelous collection (which I am proud to in-- they have copy No. 1 of both _Minsky in London_ and _Minsky in Bed_), but have mounted extraordinary exhibitions. Everyone should have the 1979 catalog of the landmark exhibition _The Open and Closed Book_.