Re: moire endsheets

Another way of lining silk, or any other fabric, to paper is using PVA.
Evenly brush the PVA onto the paper as you would the paste, but not too
thick. Let it set for a brief while, but not until it is dry to the touch.
Then carefully lay down the material and smooth out with light pressure. A
brush or a folder lightly with a piece of paper in between work fine. Then
using an iron with moderate heat, preferably with a piece of paper in
between (avoids marking...) iron the material. The heat will reactivate the
PVA, make it tackier but not so that it bleeds through. It will in essence
act like a heat set tissue, which BTW one can also use.

Peter

                  >>> I love working in the library. <<<

Conservation Librarian                                  <fax> 315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                <email> pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse University               <www> http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                  <listmgr> Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx