[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: moire endsheets - how about blue velvet?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: moire endsheets - how about blue velvet?
- From: Sarah Thibault <Sarah_Thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 06:48:39 -0500
- Message-id: <199703211218.EAA17622@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: University of Maine
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I've noticed when cutting velvet the edges 'shed' fine fibres .. is
way to restrain this in order that the fibres don't continually release
the box? In other words, should I glue the edges (or something) to
Thank you so much!
Paso Robles, CA
There is a product available from the fabric store called Fray Check.
I run a very small amount along the edge and allow it to dry. Test it
first on a scrap. I try to avoid it if I can, since I do not know if
it is archival. Does anyone know?