Re: lining fabrics

At 06:21 PM 3/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>As Peter V. mentioned, a type of heat set tissue can be used, obviating any
>use of moist glues. I very often use a sewing product called "Stitch
>Wichery", purchased at a fabric store. It acts like a dry glue between the
>fabric and the thin Japanese lining paper. Just make the sandwich and iron
>it slowly and firmly.
>
>Pat

You might check the pH level of the fabric store linings. When I had
trouble using the traditional wet process with silk brocades the fabric
store lining material was the first thing I tried. But I could not find a
single one that was not acidic. I don't remember whether I tried the
"Stitch Witchery" brand. Anyway, I ended up with an archival variety from
Light Impressions.  It also can be applied with an iron.
Sam Lanham (slanham@xxxxxxxx)

The highest pleasure is to do a good deed in secret and have it discovered
by accident.
                                 ---Charles Lamb