Re: moire endsheets - how about blue velvet?

Ron  wrote......................

I've noticed when cutting velvet the edges 'shed' fine fibres .. is
there a
way to restrain this in order that the fibres don't continually release
into
the box?  In other words, should I glue the edges (or something) to
restrain
the shedding?

Thank you so much!

Ron Yost
musik@xxxxxxxx
Paso Robles, CA

Ron,
There is a product available from the fabric store called Fray Check.
I run a very small amount along the edge and allow it to dry.  Test it
first on a scrap.
Not knowing if it is archival, I am very cautious where and when I use
it.
One day I'll write Dritz Corp. and ask what it is made of.
Sally Thibault
Holden, Maine

Sarah_Thibault@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx