Tom Stoppard on crafting art

I've been going through the postings on this craft/art subject and I can't
resist a quote from Tom Stoppard that sums it up for me:

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects
such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imaginatioin without skill gives us
modern art.

As quoted to me by Lisa Jones, manuscripts cataloger at the HRHRC.

Nicholas G. Yeager * Artifex Librorum * 51 Warren St. #2 * New York, NY 10007
212.346.9609 email:artifex@xxxxxxxxxxxx *** Luxury, rather than necessity
is the mother of invention - Henry Petroski *** And laziness is the father
- NGY