[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Cute but stupid
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Cute but stupid
- From: Harmon Seaver <hseaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 08:51:54 -0800
- Message-id: <199703261500.HAA16567@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Organization: Biomedical Library - University of South Alabama
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Derek Lyons wrote:
> If the artists fails to communicate then it's *HIS* failure, not that of
> the audience.
Right! So the comic book is the greatest literature, since most of
the audience can understand it? And William Faulkner is a total failure,
since most people can't understand him?