[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Art, skill, communication, failure
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Art, skill, communication, failure
- From: Richard Minsky <minsky@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 22:27:56 -0500
- Message-id: <199703270338.TAA13271@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>3) The owner of one of our better local art supply stores is always
>surprising people because he himself does not do anything "artistic." But
>he knows more about the "craft" of art than many artists. Pigments,
>adhesives, papers, brushes -- you tell him your project and he'll recommend
>the best tools. He even lectures in the local art schools and programs on
>pigments etc. But he can't draw to save his life. How would we label him?
A Salesman. And you are _very_ lucky to have an old-school salesman-- one who knows their products!