[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Starch Pastes
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Starch Pastes
- From: Cathy Atwood <catwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 12:58:51 -0600
- Message-id: <199703311908.LAA19608@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Does anyone know what rice consists of? Is it mainly/mostly/only starch?
At 11:31 AM 3/31/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm of Japanese descent, and my mother also gave us old cooked rice for
>paste. It sure is sticky but I could never get all the lumps out, which
>gave a sculptural quality to my colored paper designs. Being an
>ungrateful child, I always wished we could have real paste-out-of-a-jar
>like the other kids.
Local Records Program, Missouri Secretary of State