[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Testing typo
- From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 00:57:55 -0800
- Message-id: <199704020842.AAA24588@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bad mistake/typo, and I apologize; pH units are logarithmic which means
that the difference between, for instance, pH 7 and pH 6 is 10 times (10X)
more acidic, not 10% more acidic. The difference between pH 7 and pH 5 is
>Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 00:03:53 -0800
>From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Wheat starch paste/testing
>...If the difference is greater than 1 pH unit (i.e., 10% more acidic)....
Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick I hear and I forget,
Portland, Oregon 97217 I see and I remember,
I do and I understand.