[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Costa Rica HMP -Reply
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Costa Rica HMP -Reply
- From: Alan Feinstein <ACF@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:58:52 +0200
- Message-id: <199704030658.WAA14089@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Colette, if you like warm climates you ought to try South Africa
one day & , amongst other activities of course, you can buy &
examine hand made paper - made from elephant dung!
Alternatively I could send you a sample but compared to a trip
that would be less than exciting - & you'd remain cold.
>>> vosberg <vosberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> 3/April/1997 02:58am
I received a little brochure in the mail the other day from a
store that specializes in Hand Made Papers. One of the papers
that they carry, comes from Costa Rica made from Banana
leaves. I am
assuming it is something similar to Abaca (Manila Hemp).
Does anyone know
anything about it - who makes it, whether the whole process is
by hand or
hollander beaten, etc.
I am dreaming of going to those parts one day and might pay a
Especially after the cruel April Fools joke Mother Nature played
on us -
just when we thought Spring was nearly upon us!
Envious of those who live in warm climates,
New Brunswick, Canada