[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: apprenticeship
- From: Debbie Yetwin <Sedgwick1@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 19:15:50 -0500
- Message-id: <199704040016.QAA25221@SUL-Server-2.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "The Book Arts: binding, typography, collecting" <BOOK_ARTS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
If I were the only one I was responsible for at this point in time, I'd
be at your door with my suitcase. I have one 17 year old at home and a
husband that is kind of fond of having me around but that may be a dream I
tuck away. Were you actually serious? What kind of work comes to your
bindery and what kinds of things would you have a beginning apprentice do? I
guess those are major and complicated questions to answer but I am very
curious. Do you do restoration of rare books or binding for small presses?
Hope those aren't naive questions.
Here is a possibly more naive question. Do you pay your apprentices or do
they pay you for the experience? Well, inquiring minds do want to know.
Anyway, I understand if you don't have time to answer all of the above but I
still would love a schedule of classes or any info. about your bindery.
Much thanks, Debbie Y.