List FAQ

I guess it's time for me to send out this message to everyone again.
Subscription information is below. Please bookmark the list homepage so
that you will always have easy access to this information, rather than
having to ask the list.

"Our" homepage is located at <http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey>. Here you
will find a constantly updated list of "Book Arts Links" and resources
including tutorials as well as the Book Arts Gallery. The Book_Arts-L
archives located at CoOL can be accessed via the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" button
on the main page or directly at <http://palimpsest.stanford.edu> the home
of CoOL (Conservation Online). We are located under "mailing lists" about
halfway down Walter's list of offerings. Here you will find these
instructions on permanent display and the list archives.

I've added a search form to the archives from the main Book Arts Links
page. You can also access the yearly archives from there.

New items which have been added include:

IN BOOK ARTS LINKS
-APHA: American Printing History Association
-The Dry Frio Bindery: owned and operated by Gary and Cecilia Frost in the
Texas Hill Country.=20
-Atelier f=FCr Papierdesign Peter Baumgartner: located in Freiburg/Germany.
Offers books on binding and related paper crafts.=20
-Cardoza-James Binding Company: A trade bindery specializing in case
binding, sewn soft cover binding and custom hand bookbinding.=20
-BookNotes discuss issues related to BookLab interests as well as its
products and services.
-Calligraphy Centre: A group of artisans working in, promoting & teaching
the lettering arts, calligraphy, book arts & design in North Carolina.=20
-John Stevens Calligraphy & Design=20
-Letter Arts Review:
-Serif: The Magazine of Type & Typography=20
-Typofile Magazine: A Disagreeably Facetious Type Glossary: Published by
Microsoft.=20
-TYPO-L: A listserv dealing with topics related to typography. Only has
subscription information.=20
-LETPRESS: A listserv for discussion of letterpress printing issues. Only
has subscription information.=20
-PAPER-L: Fine art printmaking, papermaking, & bookarts. Only has=
 subscription
information.=20
-Pulp and Paper Jumplist: an Internet resource for the pulp and paper
industry.=20
-ABAA Online Newsletter=20
-Commercial Services, Suppliers, etc.: From CoOL.=20
-John Neal, Bookseller: supplier of books on binding, calligraphy,
papermaking and more.=20

PRESERVATION / CONSERVATION LINKS
-IFLA Section on Preservation and Conservation=20
-Canadian Conservation Institute=20
-AMIGOS Preservation Service: Preservation resources and information in the
Southwest region of the US.=20
-The Harvard/Radcliffe Digital Finding Aids Project: links to Preliminary
Indexing Decisions which offers guidelines for encoding using the EAD DTD.=
=20
-D-Lib Magazine: The Magazine of Digital Library Research=20
-Preservation Resources: Reformatting (Microfilm and Digital) services.=20
-RandTech Archival Conservation: Located in the Pacific northwest in Comox,
British Columbia, Canada.=20
-Thompson Conservation Lab: Founded by Jack Thompson in Portland, Oregon.

And finally, if you're interested in creating your own page, look at the
"Other Interests" section under Web Authoring Tools.

As always, if subscribers have suggestions for links, please let me know via
the "Feedback Form"

Peter Verheyen, Listmgr.

About Book_Arts-L

Book_Arts-L is a mailing list based at Syracuse University, and managed by
Peter Verheyen.It was founded it in July of 1994. It currently claims over=
=3D
 700
subscribers worldwide. While a good number are practicing bookbinders and
book-artists, there are also marblers, papermakers, printers, collectors,
curators in libraries, and people just interested in our wide and varied=3D
 field.

The list remains unmoderated and all members are free to post anything they
feel might be of interest to others. We do ask that you keep your postings
on subject though. This has included everything from discussions such as
what is a book, to technical Q&A, to offerings of services and supplies by
vendors. If you are interested in subscribing to Book_Arts-L send a message
to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx The message should read:

subscribe Book_Arts-L Your Name

You will then receive a message telling you how to change you subscription
options.

To receive a copy of your postings send the message: set Book_Arts-L mail
repro. By default you DO NOT receive copies of your postings.

To postpone your mail, for vacation, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L nomail

To receive your postings again later, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L mail repro

To receive a larger message every day or so, instead of many small
ones, send the message:
set Book_Arts-L mail digest

To unsubscribe send the message:
unsub Book_Arts-L

These messages should all be sent to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All this information is also available via the web in the Book_Arts-L
Archive accessible through "our" homepage. The url is:
<http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey> and then all you need to do is click on
the "Book_Arts-L FAQ" graphic.

>>>                    I love working in the library.                  <<<

Conservation Librarian                                   <fax>315.443.9510
Syracuse University Library                 <email>pdverhey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Syracuse University                <www>http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
Syracuse, NY 13244                 <Listowner>Book_Arts-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<----  Begin PDV Signature File  ---->