Re: Artists' books in the library (fwd)

> Also, how do you feel about the idea
> that these books will never go anywhere? They would not travel for
> exhibits (although libraries generally do their own exhibits).

Who's to say the books would never go anywhere?  Library special
collections frequently loan books and other material out for exhibits at
other institutions, often even for travelling exhibits.  Our best role,
though, is as a place where the public can gain access to exciting works
(whether rare, valuable, special or artistic) that they otherwise
wouldn't be able to see, couldn't get hold of for study, or couldn't
afford to own.

Susan Ravdin
Assistant
Special Collections