Re: Artists' books in the library

At 07:18 AM 4/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>This discussion concerning artists' books in collections has been
>extremely nteresting so far because the postings that I have read to date
>seem to tell the down side to working with artists' books in libraries.
>My experience is limited to the artists' books collection at the
>University of Washington and is very "hands on and positive".

Artemis Bona Dea

Thank you for relating this positive experience. I notice that throughout
your post you refer to "the librarian." I just wanted to give kudos to the
one librarian there at U-Washington who has worked so hard to build that
collection and who manages it so well. Also one of the nicest people
(speaking as a bookmaker) to work with that I have ever met in this
artists' books/book arts world. That is, Sandra Kroupa. Thanks, Sandra.

charles

charles alexander / chax press / chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx