possibility?

If anyone is interested in coming to Tucson --

I just heard of a small casita (although big enough to be a one-bedroom
apt. w/small art studio) which has just become available and is for rent
for only $250/month. It's in the middle of South Tucson, which isn't
everybody's favorite part of town, but it's on the same property as some of
my favorite people in all of Tucson -- Alex Garza, sculptor, who directs a
program in which "at risk" teenagers make public art, mostly mosaic murals;
and his spouse, Yolanda Galvan, a visual artist/illustrator who works at an
organization called Southwest Parks & Monuments.

And if anyone is REALLY interested, it might be a good way to become a Chax
Press intern/apprentice for several months (or more) on a parttime basis,
working on handmade book projects and press administrative work, have a
very inexpensive place to live with room for one's own art studio or
writing studio, and still have plenty of time to find another job which
would more than pay the rent.

Yes, it's all a bit complicated, but I thought I'd mention it.

Charles Alexander

charles alexander / chax press / chax@xxxxxxxxxxxx