Re: Artists' books in the library (fwd)

CLARA KEYES wrote:
> > The other idea of cataloging items for library users would be great. > On the other hand, a library catalog is a tool for scholars to locate
> items in collections; what would be left for scholars of artists'
> books to do if all the information anyone would ever want to know
> about an item appeared in the library catalog?

    Well, it can't possibly "all" appear, but it should be fairly
complete, if possible. There's still an awful lot to write about that
couldn't possibly appear in in the most voluminous of NOTES: for
instance. I definitely like the idea put forth by another woman here
about writing up part of it by the artist themselves.

--
Harmon Seaver hseaver@xxxxxxxxx hseaver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The fundamental delusion of humanity is that I am in here -- and you